April 23, 2014 Newsletter   |   Join the Affiliate Network   |   Contact   |   Log In    
 


of   Ventura County
Happy 54th Birthday 
Valerie Bertinelli  


The Latest
News & Buzz!

Featured
Restaurants

Featured
Arts & Entertainment

Featured
Leisure Activities

Featured
Accommodations

Featured
Nonprofits
Events Calendar
APRIL  /  MAY
S M T W T F S
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
>  Search for Events  <

 VENUES
    - Oxnard Performing Arts
    - Santa Paula Theater
    - Simi Valley Cultural Arts
    - T.O. Civic Arts Plaza
    - Ventura County Fairgrounds
 
  CATEGORIES
    - Classes, Seminars, Meeti ...
    - Concerts, Shows & Perfor ...
    - Dining & Drink Events
    - Exhibits & Exhibitions
    - Festivals & Parades
    - Government & Politics
    - Health, Wellness & Fitne ...
    - Leisure, Recreation & Sp ...
    - Markets, Fairs, Shows, S ...
    - Misc. Events (No Leisure ...
    - Social Events, Openings, ...
    - Free Events
    - Fundraisers

  CITIES
    - Santa Barbara County
    - Ventura County
    - Buellton
    - Burbank
    - Camarillo
    - Carpinteria
    - Goleta
    - Guadalupe
    - Joshua Tree
    - Los Angeles
    - Moorpark
    - Morro Bay
    - Nipomo
    - Ojai
    - Oxnard
    - Paso Robles
    - San Luis Obispo
    - Santa Barbara
    - Santa Maria
    - Santa Paula
    - Santa Ynez
    - Simi Valley
    - Solvang
    - Thousand Oaks
    - Ventura
    - Westlake Village
 
 OTHER

    <<< Go Back <<<

    Find us on Facebook

Ventura County -- Events & Happenings

> > >  View the "Showcase" Events  < < <

Find Events From ...
 

 Enter a Keyword
 
NOTE: This looks for an EXACT match.
Event & Exhibit Listings
View Three Days at a Glance

  TODAY
    Swap Meet
  Ventura County Fairgrounds, 10 W. Harbor Blvd., Ventura CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Every Wednesday: Antiques, Collectibles, Tools, Clothes, Records, Books, Knick-knacks and more! Fresh Veggies at the Farmer's Market!    ($1.00
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Ventura County Fairgrounds
WEBSITE    (818) 590-5435     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    The 2014 Ojai Tennis Tournament
  Ojai Valley Inn & Resort, 905 Country Club Road, Ojai CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
  Ojai To Honor Coach Dick Gould 
The Ojai will mark its 114th year of play April 23-27 and here are some important updates and reminders, please check them by visiting the website.   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Ojai Valley Inn & Resort
WEBSITE    (805) 646-1111     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
Industry Forum
  Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach Hotel and Resort, 2101 Mandalay Beach Road, Oxnard CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
  Naval Surface Warfare Center Port Hueneme Division 
Naval Surface Warfare Center, Port Hueneme Division (NSWC Port Hueneme Division) will host an Industry Forum on April 23 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach, 2101 Mandalay Beach Road, Oxnard, CA. This event is open to all local companies who are interested in doing business with NSWC Port Hueneme Division. This includes businesses already performing work for the naval command as well as those companies who want to find out how to get started.   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach Hotel and Resort
WEBSITE    (805) 984-2500     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    The Ventura Art & Street Painting Festival recently released its Call to Artists
  Ventura Breeze, 1575 Spinnaker, Ventura CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
  The Ventura Art & Street Painting Festival  
The Ventura Art & Street Painting Festival recently released its Call to Artists. The event will be held at the Ventura Harbor on September 13th and 14th from 10 am-5 pm both days. Artists of all original fine art and fine craft disciplines may apply. Artists must submit one application per category. All entries will be juried and digital images of artwork are required for jurying.    
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Ventura Breeze
WEBSITE    (805) 653-0791     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    EGGStraordinary EGGSibit: A Fascinating Collection of Bird Eggs from Ventura County
  California Oil Museum, 1001 E. Main Street, Santa Paula CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Which came first? You may not be able to answer that question after you visit, but you will be amazed at the collection of eggs shown in this exhibit at the California Oil Museum. Borrowed from the vast collection at the Western Foundation of Vertebrate Zoology, this exhibit focuses on Ventura County bird eggs and the habitat in which they are hatched. Explore the unique beauty of the eggs while you learn about the fascinating world of birds. Opening day will have exciting egg activities for the entire family, such as how to blow out an egg, and professional bird watchers that will inspire you to become a bird enthusiast! The California Oil Museum is located at 1001 E. Main Street. Admission is $4 for adults, $3 for seniors, $1 for students 6-17, free to members and children 5 and under. The Museum is open Wednesday through Sunday from 10am to 4pm. For more information find us at www.oilmuseum.net or call 805-933-0076. So what is it about eggs and nests that called out to both professional and amateur ornithologists alike, inspiring them to spend large amounts of time in the field collecting the materials and endless hours organizing them in museums, despite the risk of going into debt, alienating their friends and family, and even losing their lives? The answers lie not only in the nature of old-time bird collectors, people who loved to amass rare, unique, and common specimens alike, but also in the nature of early ecologists, people with the passion for the natural world who found answers to questions about natural history and evolution in the shapes, colors, patterns, clutch sizes, and distributions of the eggs and nests of the world’s birds. The answers lie, too, in the nature of the eggs and nests themselves- beautiful, fragile, unique, useful, and marvelous to behold!   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
California Oil Museum
WEBSITE    (805) 933-0076 x291     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
2014 California Strawberry Festival May 17,18 offers special discounts to groups...
  California Strawberry Festival- Strawberry Meadows, 3250 South Rose, Oxnard CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
The more, the merrier is also more economical when groups get together to enjoy special discounts on tickets to the 31st Annual California Strawberry Festival celebration May 17, 18, 2014 at Strawberry Meadows of College Park in Oxnard.    
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
California Strawberry Festival- Strawberry Meadows
WEBSITE    (805) 385-4739     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
Air Force One Pavilion- step aboard Air Force One that flew Pres. Reagan over 660,000 miles
  The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum, 40 Presidential Drive, Simi Valley CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
"And as we liftoff aboard Air Force One…the winds of freedom will be propelling my mission… As I fly westward over our majestic land, I go knowing that we´re witnessing an awakening to those self–evident truths to which our forefathers pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor." – Ronald Reagan, April 23, 1986 Ronald Reagan accomplished many great things while in office - and he did so far outside the Oval Office. President Reagan’s vision of face–to–face diplomacy was paramount in his achievements in promoting peace and democracy around the globe.   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum
WEBSITE    (805) 522-2977     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
Baseball! The Exhibition
  The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum, 40 Presidential Drive, Simi Valley CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Running through September 4, 2014, Baseball is a 12,000 square foot exhibition featuring over 700 artifacts, including some of the rarest, historic and iconic baseball memorabilia from the largest known private collector in the U.S. The exhibit displays extraordinary artifacts from Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, Lou Gehrig, Jackie Robinson, the Brooklyn and Los Angeles Dodgers, and scores of other historically important players and organizations. Also featured will be rare artifacts related to Ronald Reagan and baseball from his days calling Chicago Cubs games, to signed balls and jerseys he received while President.   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum
WEBSITE    (805) 522-2977     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
12th Annual Campaign for Kids Community Breakfast-Keynote Speaker
  Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Oxnard and Port Huen, 1900 West Fifth Street, Oxnard CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
  Kyle Maynard 
“The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Oxnard and Port Hueneme held its 12th Annual Campaign for Kids Community Breakfast, on Thursday morning, March 13, 2014. Everyone who participated enjoyed a hearty breakfast, a wonderful program—and the company of over 300 caring local business and civic group representatives, elected officials and community members! The speaker this year was Kyle Maynard, a motivational speaker, author, and ESPN Award-winning mixed martial arts athlete, known for becoming the first quadruple amputee to ascend Mount Kilimanjaro without the aid of prosthetics”   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Oxnard and Port Huen
WEBSITE    (805) 815-4959     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
Come experience the Channel Islands National Park like never before!
  Blue Ocean Kayaking, 3600 South Harbor Blvd, Oxnard CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
We take you to Anacapa Island, one of the smaller of Southern California's Channel Islands, aboard the Sunfish a custom built boat with amenities specifically geared toward kayaking the natural sea caves of Anacapa Island. We are a kayaking only service so you will get to meet fellow kayakers that you will be sharing your day with.    
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Blue Ocean Kayaking
WEBSITE    (805) 204-0977     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Art with Jessica
  Gull Wings Children's Museum, 418 W Fourth St, Oxnard CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Join Jessica as she incorporates arts, crafts into everyday things.   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Gull Wings Children's Museum
WEBSITE    (805) 483-3005     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    A Taste Of Camarillo Wine Club
  Meadowlark Service League, P.O. Box 3063, Camarillo CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Join a wine club with a difference. When you join the new A Taste of Camarillo Wine Club, a portion of your purchase will go to charities we support. Each shipment will feature a different winery, some will be wines from past participants in our annual A Taste of Camarillo event and some totally new wineries.   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Meadowlark Service League
WEBSITE    (805) 630-7257     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Ocean Souvenirs and Ocean Themed Gifts @ The Marine Emporium Landing
  Marine Emporium Landing Souvenirs and Gifts, 3600 Harbor Blvd. Suite # 2106, Oxnard CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
  Johnny Jaws the Shark and Incredible 3 D Wall! 
Come and visit the premiere Souvenir Gift Shop in the Channel Islands Harbor. We have an awesome selection of unique nautical items that would look beautiful in your home or be an unforgettable gift.    
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Marine Emporium Landing
WEBSITE    (805) 985-5828     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
Oxnard Union High School District Art Exhibit
  Channel Islands Maritime Museum, 3900 Bluefin Circle, Oxnard CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
The Channel Islands Maritime Museum is hosting the twenty third annual Oxnard Union High School District Art Exhibit. It opens on April 3, 2014 and continues through April 30, 2014.   ($4.00 - $5.00)
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Channel Islands Maritime Museum
WEBSITE    (805) 984-6260     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
Call to Artists for the Plein Air Exhibit @ The Channel Islands Maritime Museum
  Channel Islands Maritime Museum, 3900 Bluefin Circle, Oxnard CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
You are cordially invitied to submit on piece of 2D artwork created on site, En Plein Air, in the outdoors for consideration in the Juried Plein Air, 2014 Exhibit.   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Channel Islands Maritime Museum
WEBSITE    (805) 984-6260     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Join us as we reveal winner of the California Strawberry Festival Youth Art Design Contest
  Cesar Chavez Elementary School-Mrs. Perez 6th grad, 301 N. Marquita Street, Oxnard CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Join us as we reveal the winner of the California Strawberry Festival Youth Art Design Contest whose original creation was selected from 1,800 entries, an all-time record. Meet the sixth grader from Cesar Chavez Elementary in Oxnard as Festival organizers make the award presentation and bring a pizza party to her entire class in celebration of the honor.    
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
California Strawberry Festival- Strawberry Meadows
WEBSITE    (805) 385-4739     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Ventura's Conversation Group
  Adult Recreation Center, 420 E. Santa Clara Street, Ventura CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Would you like to meet new friends? Do you need more than tweeting or blogging to express what's on your mind? Whatever the reason, Ventura's Conversation Group is the right outlet for you. This eclectic meets Wednesdays from 4p.m. to 6p.m. at the Adult Recreation Center, 420 E. Santa Clara Street. People of all ethnicities, education, incomes, personalities, and interests are welcome. No topic is off limits. There is only one rule that applies to the Conversation Group: don't lecture and don't bore you.    
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Ventura Breeze
WEBSITE    (805) 653-0791     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
Chef's Dinner- Special Farm to Table Recipes
  The Waterside Restaurant and Wine Bar, 3500 South Harbor Boulevard, Oxnard CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Join us, as we celebrate local farms and wineries and the fine art of wine pairing from our resident sommelier. Its sure to be an unforgettable culinary experience.   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
The Waterside Restaurant and Wine Bar
WEBSITE    (805) 985-4677     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    Bingo
  Oxnard Performing Arts & Convention Center, 800 Hobson Way, Oxnard CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Come Play Bingo!   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Oxnard Performing Arts & Convention Center
WEBSITE    (805) 385-8147     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
Waffle Wednesday
  The Kitchen, 529 South A Street, Oxnard CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Try your own special waffle creation.   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
The Kitchen
WEBSITE    (805) 385-8980     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 

  April 24
    22ND ANNUAL WATER SYMPOSIUM-“OVERTAPPED OASIS”
  Courtyard by Marriott, 600 E. Esplanade Dr., Oxnard CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
22ND ANNUAL WATER SYMPOSIUM COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT – OXNARD “OVERTAPPED OASIS” Ventura County has managed its major groundwater basins into a state of crisis. Can we manage our way out?   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
GoSeeVC
WEBSITE    (805) 320-4907     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    The 2014 Ojai Tennis Tournament
  Ojai Valley Inn & Resort, 905 Country Club Road, Ojai CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
  Ojai To Honor Coach Dick Gould 
The Ojai will mark its 114th year of play April 23-27 and here are some important updates and reminders, please check them by visiting the website.   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Ojai Valley Inn & Resort
WEBSITE    (805) 646-1111     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    The Ventura Art & Street Painting Festival recently released its Call to Artists
  Ventura Breeze, 1575 Spinnaker, Ventura CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
  The Ventura Art & Street Painting Festival  
The Ventura Art & Street Painting Festival recently released its Call to Artists. The event will be held at the Ventura Harbor on September 13th and 14th from 10 am-5 pm both days. Artists of all original fine art and fine craft disciplines may apply. Artists must submit one application per category. All entries will be juried and digital images of artwork are required for jurying.    
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Ventura Breeze
WEBSITE    (805) 653-0791     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
Farmers’ Market
  Plaza Park, 500 South C Street, Oxnard CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
The Downtown Oxnard Certified Farmers' Market is a free open-air community market located in the beautiful Plaza Park at 5th & B Streets in Oxnard, CA. Open year-round, the market offers an enormous variety of the freshest local fruits and produce available as well as freshly prepared items such bread, dried fruits, nuts, kettle-cooked popcorn and more.   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
Oxnard Downtown Management District
WEBSITE    (805) 643-6458     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
    EGGStraordinary EGGSibit: A Fascinating Collection of Bird Eggs from Ventura County
  California Oil Museum, 1001 E. Main Street, Santa Paula CA
> DETAILS   
> HIDE   
Which came first? You may not be able to answer that question after you visit, but you will be amazed at the collection of eggs shown in this exhibit at the California Oil Museum. Borrowed from the vast collection at the Western Foundation of Vertebrate Zoology, this exhibit focuses on Ventura County bird eggs and the habitat in which they are hatched. Explore the unique beauty of the eggs while you learn about the fascinating world of birds. Opening day will have exciting egg activities for the entire family, such as how to blow out an egg, and professional bird watchers that will inspire you to become a bird enthusiast! The California Oil Museum is located at 1001 E. Main Street. Admission is $4 for adults, $3 for seniors, $1 for students 6-17, free to members and children 5 and under. The Museum is open Wednesday through Sunday from 10am to 4pm. For more information find us at www.oilmuseum.net or call 805-933-0076. So what is it about eggs and nests that called out to both professional and amateur ornithologists alike, inspiring them to spend large amounts of time in the field collecting the materials and endless hours organizing them in museums, despite the risk of going into debt, alienating their friends and family, and even losing their lives? The answers lie not only in the nature of old-time bird collectors, people who loved to amass rare, unique, and common specimens alike, but also in the nature of early ecologists, people with the passion for the natural world who found answers to questions about natural history and evolution in the shapes, colors, patterns, clutch sizes, and distributions of the eggs and nests of the world’s birds. The answers lie, too, in the nature of the eggs and nests themselves- beautiful, fragile, unique, useful, and marvelous to behold!   
MORE DETAILS, MAP & DIRECTIONS
California Oil Museum
WEBSITE    (805) 933-0076 x291     PROFILE     EMAIL A FRIEND
 
Back      Total Results = 864
= FREE to ALL     = FREE (Some)     = Fundraiser     = Content Alert



















Community Calendar
"Showcase" Events
Free Events
Fundraisers
Leisure Activities
Entertainment Venues
Accommodations
Dining Suggestions
Happy Hours
Menus
Restaurants & Nightlife
News & Buzz!
City Search
Directories
New Business Showcase
Support Nonprofits
Become an Affiliate
Mike's Chamber Blog
Contact Us
Media
Subscribe to Newsletter
Useful Stuff
Chamber Strategies         The Chamber Business Network         www.BigCityBuzz.com         New Business Showcase

Privacy Policy   |   Policies & Disclaimers
Copyright © 2001-2014 Events & Leisure International, Inc. All rights reserved.